Ep #041: 5 Times You Can Ask (Just Never for Referrals)
It’s time we set the record straight on my “no asking” advice.
Here are the Highlights
This episode is dedicated to setting the record straight about what I believe you can and should ask for in business, and what you shouldn’t ask for.
I find many take my “no asking” strategy and apply it out of context. In the episode I talk about two conversations in which I realized what I am teaching is being mis-applied.
Here are the 5 times you can ask. Note not one says “for referrals.”
- Ask for the close, the business, the sale
- Ask your clients for feedback
- Ask for testimonials, case studies or online reviews
- When someone offers to help you, tell them how they can help.
- Ask those you trust for help.
But still none of these tell you to ask for a referral to a new client.
Then hop into the Referrals Without Asking Facebook group and let me know what you thought of today’s show and the 5 times you can ask. Question 5 in particular usually brings up a few questions! Let’s get the conversation started!
Here’s How I Can Help You in 2019 Generate More Referrals:
- Buy my book – Generating Business Referrals Without Asking – and learn how to generate referrals through my 5 steps. (LESS THAN $16)
- Take the 7 Day Referral Growth Challenge – It starts the day you sign up. (FREE)
- Take the Referral Ninja Quiz to test your skills and abilities at generating referrals. (FREE)
The next episode is episode #042… we are diving deeper into the first asking point I cover in this episode – asking for the close or the sale with special guests expert Nikki Rausch of Sales Maven.